Pages

1/11/2013

Driving in Seoul!!!

Austin was finally able to get away from work for the afternoon so I could 'hopefully' get my drivers license. It was actually far easier than I thought it would be. They give the test the same time everyday on post. Like most things around here, one person will tell you one thing, and another, something completely different. When we got to the testing place there were a lot of people in line, and a lot of them were complaining about having an appointment and how it must not matter. And it must not have, because I didn't have one and was able to take the test. It was easy enough, but took forever. First I waited in line for about 30 min. Then they called us up by number and we went into another room and took a 3 or 4 page multiple choice test. When we were done we took them up to the lady supervising and she graded them. If you passed you had to come back later and watch a video. Apparently when Austin took his test a few weeks back, he didn't have to do this part. Things are kind of inconsistent around here like that. Once we watched the video we waited for our names to be called and they gave us our drivers license! Austin tried to make me drop him off at work and drive home with the kids alone...but there was no way I was going to drive alone my first time here! (and it was raining!)

There are numerous reason why I was nervous to drive.
Buses! They go where they want, when they want!

People drive around with no lights on here....ALL the time!


All of those were in the same 1/4  mile.

Trucks that are taller than they are long or wide....makes me nervous!

Trash bikes? Sometimes they act like pedestrians, sometimes cars...they do what they want!

Day or night!
Mopeds do the same thing, except they are more likely to drive between cars. They definitely do what they want!


Weird stop lights!
I mean seriously....WHAT does this mean?!?!


The main reason it makes me nervous to drive? PEDESTRIANS....seriously, just walk in the middle of the road! 

Did I mention buses? 

But eventually I did it! 

When Austin got off work that night we went on post to go bowling again and he made me drive! But I'm glad he did! It's amazing how much more of a person I felt like after driving. It had been 3 months since I drove. The next day I even drove to the commissary by myself!! After 3 months of going grocery shopping with three kids and the husband...it was AMAZING....and I HATE grocery shopping!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment